Grant-Valkaria Community Association (GVCA)
The GVCA began as a non-profit community organization shortly after the Town incorporated in 2006. In October, 2014, it was designated as a 501(c)3, non-profit organization.
The purpose of the GVCA is to bring the community together by organizing activities that will become traditions and make living here special. The GVCA is also dedicated to raising funds for extra amenities in the Town, and promote the Town and help local businesses.
In order to accomplish their goal the GVCA has held major fund raising events:
Sandhill Scramble Golf Tournament
Country Run 5K race
Spring Splash In-Shore Fishing Tournament
Some of the projects the GVCA has been involved in:
- Raised funds for the soon-to-be constructed “Town Connector Trail” for hiking, cycling and horses
- Purchased playground equipment for the Grant-Valkaria Community Park
- Purchase the Town Christmas Tree every year
- Raised funds for local Christmas Toy Drives
- Raised funds and paid for the construction of the Town Seal
- Raised funds toward the purchase of "Welcome to Grant-Valkaria" signs
- Organized the 1st Grant-Valkaria Day and Christmas Tree Lighting Celebrations
- Donate-A-Bench Campaign to encourage local residents and businesses to sponsor benches along Grant Road, Valkaria Road, and the Town Connector Trail.
The GVCA is always actively searching for residents who would like to help with our projects. We hope you will join us!
Grant-Valkaria Community Club
4350 1st Street
The Grant Community Club has a long history in the Town. Its Charter goes back to the 1940’s and the Grant Community House was built in the 1920’s. The focus of this group is community spirit and volunteerism.
The famous Grant Seafood Festival is organized by this group with solely volunteer labor (440-500) volunteers each year! In 2016 the festival celebrated its 50th Anniversary. The funds from this event go primarily to scholarships, but also support
The Grant Historical House (Bensen House)
The Grant Library
Christmas and Easter celebrations for children
In addition to their major fund raiser, the Grant Community Club sponsors flea markets, Pioneer Fish Fry, and Historical House Christmas Open House.
The Grant Community Club requires that scholarship recipients donate their time and effort to the fundraisers or Town events. It is a great way for students to earn their community service hours.
The Grant Community Club is a great way to meet your neighbors and get involved in your community.